Vice President Research and Technology Transfer
Job no: 492738
Work type: Administrative Faculty Full Time
Categories: Director/Executive/Management, Faculty (Academic/Research/Teaching), Other
||Vice President Research and Technology Transfer
||The Vice President for Research and Technology Transfer (VPRTT) works with the Mines research community and President, Provost, and other University leadership to develop and implement a plan to initiate, integrate, enhance, and grow research activities across Mines. The VPRTT represents Mines research community in the University's Executive Cabinet, and works to ensure that administrative practices, policies, and resource deployment support growth and innovation in our research community.
- Develops and implements a plan to initiate, integrate, enhance, and grow research activities across Mines. Priorities include identifying and pursuing strategic research thrusts, advancing a vision of thematic interdisciplinary institutes, expanding external and interdisciplinary collaborations, growing and diversifying external funding, and increasing external visibility and impact of the output from Mines' research enterprise. The latter includes growth and promotion of Mines intellectual property portfolio so that it funds and catalyzes future innovation.
- Works closely with the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) and Academic Affairs (AA) to integrate research, education, and entrepreneurship at the graduate and undergraduate levels with the goal of creating an environment that fosters creativity and excellence in both research and
scholarly activities conducted by students and faculty.
- Represents Mines in national and international discussions on emerging research opportunities and works to establish collaborative research partnerships that ultimately increase the local, national, and international visibility of Mines.
- Leads the Office of the Vice President for Research and Technology Transfer (OVPRTT), which supports strategic research initiatives, including interdisciplinary research centers and institutes, and the pursuit of large multi-investigator and multi-institution (MI2) funding opportunities. The OVPRTT is also involved in the identification of funding opportunities, and connects to other university groups managing research compliance, and contracts and grant administration.
- Maintains engagement in the research and education missions of the university.
- Doctoral degree in a discipline related to Mines' degree or research programs.
- International recognition as a scholar, and qualified for appointment at the full professor level.
- A record of collaborative research and pursuit of center-scale research programs; ideally with center- or institute-level leadership experience.
- A record of service with national organizations relevant to research funding and policy.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity, extending beyond one's own expertise.
- A history of altruism – helping others to advance professionally or contributing selflessly to the success and recognition of the university including efforts led by others.
- A record of integrating research and education missions.
||The Office of the Vice President for Research and Technology Transfer (OVPRTT) supports strategic research initiatives, including interdisciplinary research centers and institutes, and the pursuit of large multi-investigator and multi-institution (MI2) funding opportunities. The OVPRTT promotes Mines intellectual property portfolio, effective technology transfer, and contributions to economic development.
|How to Apply:
||Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veterans status) and upload a resume and cover letter that addresses experience and vision for this leadership position (required). Review of applications will begin May 15, 2017.
||Starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. Mines provides an attractive benefits package including fully paid health and dental insurance. Part of Mines' mission is to create a family-friendly environment supported through our dependent tuition benefits, parental leave benefits, and dependent care assistance plan, as well as in special events, camps, and programming. For more information visit: family.mines.edu
|Background Investigation Required:
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend