Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Job no: 495146
Work type: Administrative Faculty Full Time
Categories: Human Resources/Title IX/Compliance/Legal
||Senior Human Resources Business Partner
$84,000 - $94,000
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
As a Human Resource Business Partner (People Partner) supporting the Mines community, you will provide leadership, partnership, and counsel through a period of unprecedented change and transformation. You will work closely with other HR professionals to deliver solutions across key HR initiatives including change management, employee relations, leadership coaching and development, recruitment, performance management, compensation and policy compliance.
You will operate collaboratively and independently to establish process, drive consistency, ensure integration, and lead communication. You are a resourceful, collaborative, organized, independent strategic business partner who prides themselves on excellent judgement, strong business acumen, a self-imposed sense of urgency, and a desire to drive progress.
- Provides leadership across a multitude of critical processes including employee relations, recruiting, onboarding, retention, performance & talent management, engagement and learning & development.
- Investigates employee relations issues (complaints, conflict consultations, demotions, terminations, performance management opportunities) and collaborates with HR, management and/or legal counsel to resolve issues including implementing disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
- Serves as a positive leader and change agent to modernize, standardize and promote effective and efficient HR practices and processes.
- Partners with internal talent acquisition partners to explore strategic solutions to facilitate progressive and strategic hiring, collaboration and engagement strategies.
- Develops and implements effective people processes through employee engagement, performance management, talent management and learning initiatives.
- Collaborates with the broader HR team to drive progress across numerous special projects and initiatives.
- As a true strategic people and business partner, provides sound insight and transparent guidance to leaders, ensuring compliance with state, federal and Mines-based policies, regulations and statutes.
- Provides helpful and resourceful guidance for employees and leaders across the Mines institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible HR experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state and local employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, FLSA, ADA, Title VII, Title IX).
- Ability to perform as a trusted advisor and build partnerships at the management level, including experience working with legal counsel to comply with policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust, influence and foster relationships with diverse team members; proficient in leveraging relationships to drive consistency of approach and ensure successful delivery.
- Confident, resourceful and resilient with a heightened and self-imposed sense of urgency.
- Strong results-orientation with excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Proven success balancing multiple and competing priorities without compromising quality.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business or another related field.
Certifications and Licenses:
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM CP/SHRM SCP certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in multiple positions of increasing scope and responsibility with significant depth and expertise in all the functional HR areas mentioned.
- Experience and/or certification with State of Colorado classified employees.
About Mines & Golden, CO:
Mines is consistently ranked
among the top engineering colleges in the United States and ranks number one as the best public school in the state for best value colleges. Mines is located in the heart of Golden, Colorado, a western suburb of Denver. The campus location offers a small-town ambiance with close proximity to all that the Denver metropolitan area has to offer with an abundance of cultural events, museums, theaters and sporting venues. An arid climate and an average 300 days of sunshine per year make the area an ideal place to live, work and play. We seek individuals who value a diverse and inclusive community – offering different perspectives, experiences, and cultures that enrich the educational and work experience.
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry, creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate against community members for filing complaints regarding or implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations, executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of inequity or concerns for safety.
||Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and retirement savings plans. Additionally, Mines employees are eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents), generous paid holidays and leaves and discount programs. For more information, visit Mines benefits.
|How to Apply:
||Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veterans status) and upload a resume and cover letter (optional). References will not be contacted until later in the selection process and you will be informed before that contact is made.
|Background Investigation Required:
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Update your details, view your application and progress
Keep informed about job opportunities at the Colorado School of Mines