Staff Accountant, Bursar's Office
Job no: 495210
Work type: Administrative Faculty Full Time
Location: Golden, CO
Categories: Administrative/Office Support, Business/Accounting/Finance/Audit
This position will process graduate contracts, reconcile multiple A\R accounts, and assist with collections reconciliation.
Graduate Contract Processing
- Using Banner and the OnBase system, position will process all institutional graduate contracts. In the event that the contract does not cover the balance, the position must contact the department to confirm payment details/intent and make arrangements with the student to collect the difference.
- Position has the authority to remove registration holds and set up payment contracts for students when institutional payment of tuition and fees is delayed. This position also has the authority to advance refunds to the students while the school is waiting for payments from the department. These decisions require extensive research, documentation, and coordination with the Office of Graduate Studies, other university departments, and with the student.
- Completes a monthly reconciliation of the graduate contract clearing account, correcting all discrepancies.
Assisting with Collections Reconciliation
- Assists the Collections and AR Loan Analyst with the reconciliation of tuition collection accounts using Banner and the OnBase system.
- Performs a reconciliation of Perkins and institutional loans between the University, our third-party servicer, and the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
- During reconciliation, position may make adjustments to student accounts or submit corrections to the collection agency as needed.
- Position will review, add, or remove student holds based on the reconciliation information.
- Advise students, sponsors, and parents about tuition and fees and other related charges. Responsible for heavy volume of oral and written correspondence with students, sponsors, and parents.
- Coordinates with Financial Aid, Admissions, the Registrar's Office, and other departments to resolve student issues related to tuition and fees.
- Answers email and telephone calls with professionalism and clarity. A general knowledge of campus activities is required to be able to direct questions to the appropriate department/individual.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with at least 21 credit hours of accounting classes.
- At least 2 years of professional accounting.
- Experience in an A\R module within Banner or a similar system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with the CASHNet system, or a similar software.
- Experience working in a higher education institution.
About Mines & Golden, CO:
Mines is consistently ranked
among the top engineering colleges in the United States and ranks number one as the best public school in the state for best value colleges. Mines is located in the heart of Golden, Colorado, a western suburb of Denver. The campus location offers a small-town ambiance with close proximity to all that the Denver metropolitan area has to offer with an abundance of cultural events, museums, theaters and sporting venues. An arid climate and an average 300 days of sunshine per year make the area an ideal place to live, work and play. We seek individuals who value a diverse and inclusive community – offering different perspectives, experiences, and cultures that enrich the educational and work experience.
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry, creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate against community members for filing complaints regarding or implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations, executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of inequity or concerns for safety.
$53,000 - $59,000
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
||Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and retirement savings plans. Additionally, Mines employees are eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents), generous paid holidays and leaves and discount programs. For more information, visit Mines benefits.
|How to Apply:
||Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veterans status) and upload a resume and cover letter (required). References will not be contacted until later in the selection process and you will be informed before that contact is made.
|Background Investigation Required:
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Update your details, view your application and progress
Keep informed about job opportunities at the Colorado School of Mines