Visit & Social Media Coordinator
Job no: 495259
Work type: Administrative Faculty Full Time
Location: Golden, CO
Categories: Admissions/Financial Aid, Program Management
|Visit & Social Media Coordinator
The Admissions Office at Colorado School of Mines is excited to welcome a dynamic, creative and experienced Visit and Social Media Coordinator to our fast-paced, results driven team!
The Visit and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for supporting event/visit programming coordination, admissions marketing initiatives and recruitment efforts that help drive recruitment and enrollment goals at Mines. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Admissions – Visits and is a member of the Enrollment Management Division.
The responsibilities of the Visit and Social Media Coordinator is divided into four main areas:
- Coordinate and plan on-campus, off-campus and virtual visit programs.
- Develop and analyze new and creative content for social media platforms to engage prospective students and families.
- Assist with the recruitment of new undergraduate students through virtual or in-person visit programs, advise prospective students and their families on admissions to Mines and evaluate applications for admissions.
- Assist with the recruiting, training and supervision of student employees.
1) Plan and implement visitor programs (30% essential function)
- Provide support with on-campus, off-campus and digital visit programming to engage prospective students and families. This includes daily visit coordination and planning and coordinating signature recruitment events.
- Tasks may include, but are not limited to: event registration and communication set up via our CRM Slate, program logistics, presentation moderation, support the creation of marketing materials and analyze program effectiveness.
2) Design, implement and analyze admissions social media strategy (25% essential function)
- Create well-branded, audience appropriate photos, graphics, videos and content that engage and build relationships with target audiences (prospective students, families, organizations, high schools, colleges).
- Maintain voice, tone and branding of Mines on social media channels such as Instagram, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and more.
- Manage team of 3-4 student social media assistants.
- Utilize Trello and Hootsuite to manage projects and content schedules.
- Monitor and respond to Admissions related questions and content on Mines social media channels.
- Collaborate with cross-campus departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of messaging.
- Evaluate effectiveness of campaigns and enhance digital branding and reputation.
3) Support recruitment, admission and enrollment goals (30% essential function)
- Represent Mines at scheduled college programs/events throughout Colorado and virtually.
- Coordinate and attend individual visits to high schools and community organizations and serve as their primary Admissions Office contact through enrollment.
- Serve as a member of the First-Year Admissions Evaluation Team, independently make admission decisions and then counseling students and family members on those decisions.
- Routinely meet with prospective students and their families as part of the Admissions Office on-campus and virtual visit programming.
4) Assist with the recruitment, training and supervision of the Mines Student Ambassador Team and the Social Media Student Team. (15% essential function)
- The Student Ambassador Team consists of 30-40 students whose primary responsibilities are leading campus tours and assisting with large recruitment events. This team also consists of one student leadership position, Senior Student Ambassador, who works closely with the Visit and Social Media Coordinator to plan and coordinate events and plan training and meetings for the Ambassador Team.
- The Social Media Student Team consists of approximately three students who assist with the content development for Instagram and YouTube and help manage the Parent & Family Facebook Group.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure while independently managing multiple priorities, responsibilities and projects simultaneously to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to articulate and advance the mission of a STEM institution and the value of its unique approach to education.
- Ability to conduct in-depth analysis of project and program results.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to interact effectively and empathetically with internal and external constituents.
- Deep commitment to equity and access.
- Ability to travel occasionally and work evenings and weekends when required.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years of professional experience event planning/coordination and/or digital marketing (ideally both).
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience in a college or university admissions office.
- 1-3 years of social media content creation and coordination experience.
- Experience with planning and coordinating large scale recruitment events with many stakeholders and attendees.
- Experience supervising staff (student or professional).
- Professional experience in communications, marketing, public relations or related field and/or experience in multimedia asset creation.
- Experience in social media strategy, content creation/management and data analysis to engage diverse audiences.
- Experience shooting and editing video for social media platforms.
- Experience using Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite to create visual media.
- Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS), preferably WordPress.
- Experience using a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Systems (preferably Slate).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity through inclusive design and language.
- Ability to take initiative and autonomy in projects while also having the ability to collaborate with internal and external partners.
|JOB DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position must be able to work independently and make decisions based on current policy established within the Admissions Office as well as defined by institutional regulations and best practices. The Visit and Social Media Coordinator will frequently make decisions on:
- Student admissions decisions. This position must work collaboratively with admissions staff and independently, to make admission decisions that are in the best interest of the student and their success. Position must ascertain when student may be a good prospective candidate for Mines.
- Recruitment decisions. This position must analyze information to determine the most appropriate partnerships to develop relationships with, and represent Mines, to the high schools, community colleges, colleges and community groups that present a pipeline of potential students who could be successful Mines graduates. The position must determine strategies to engage prospective students and their families to support the goals of the recruitment plan.
About Mines & Golden, CO
Mines is consistently ranked
among the top engineering colleges in the United States and ranks number one as the best public school in the state for best value colleges. Mines is located in the heart of Golden, Colorado, a western suburb of Denver. The campus location offers a small-town ambiance with close proximity to all that the Denver metropolitan area has to offer with an abundance of cultural events, museums, theaters and sporting venues. An arid climate and an average 300 days of sunshine per year make the area an ideal place to live, work and play. We seek individuals who value a diverse and inclusive community – offering different perspectives, experiences, and cultures that enrich the educational and work experience.
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry, creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate against community members for filing complaints regarding or implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations, executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of inequity or concerns for safety.
$48,000 - $52,500
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
|Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and retirement savings plans. Additionally, Mines employees are eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents), generous paid holidays and leaves and discount programs. For more information, visit Mines benefits.
|How to Apply
|Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veterans status) and upload a resume and cover letter (required). References will not be contacted until later in the selection process and you will be informed before that contact is made.
Review of applications will begin on November 1st. Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Background Investigation Required
|COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
|Effective December 18, 2021, this position will require documented proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination upon hire.
Religious and medical exemptions and reasonable accommodation shall be addressed as required by law pursuant to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s vaccination guidance.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Update your details, view your application and progress
Keep informed about job opportunities at the Colorado School of Mines